Date: Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th January 2020
Wish Upon a Cupcake is coming back in January 2020 to teach this beautiful Hexagon Wedding Cake at Sunflower Bakery Cake School. Guest tutor Carly is a wonderful teacher and she will teach you all you need to know to achieve clean and beautiful results for your next wedding cake. The workshop is aimed at all levels and you will leave with a stunning dummy cake that you can show off at your next wedding fair!
- How to make a large sugar rose, a medium rose, rose bud, wired open peony and finally a cosmos flower.
- How to make leaves and filler flowers.
- How to ice a Hexagon tier and two round tiers with sharp edges and a clean finish. During the workshop we will use Massa Ticino Sugarpaste, the best sugar paste on the market and the most forgiving!
- How to create a geometric pattern on your Hexagon tier, which can be hand painted in a metallic of your choosing.
- How to arrange your sugar flowers on your finished cake to create a real show stopper.
This class with run from 10am to 5pm on both Saturday and Sunday and all materials and notes will be provided. The only thing you need to bring along is a notepad and pen should you wish to take additional notes.
Our studio is based in the village of Wedmore, Somerset. We are based 25 minutes from Bristol International Airport; Nearest Train Station; and M5 Motorway. Accommodation is available on site and within the village and help can be provided when making your travel plans.
Free Parking is available and lunch is included.
Spaces are very limited and this class will be smaller than usual so book now to avoid disappointment. We cant wait to have you visit!