Date: Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th October 2019
Go beyond conventional decorating techniques and explore this fast-growing trend of 2019. Learn how to use a palette of buttercream colours to create stunning floral scenes for a show-stopping final look. Combine your painted scenes with wafer paper flowers, both of which can be covered in this course. This course is ideal for cake decorators who have a basic foundation of skills in buttercream techniques.
Come along and learn from the Cake Botanist, Naomi Lee and learn her incredible skills for an entire weekend at our beautiful cake studio.
- Wafer Paper Basics & Properties
- Working with Cutters Wafer Curling Techniques
- How to create Wafer Roses, Ranunculus, Blossoms & Leaves Wired Wafer Anemones
- Naomi will show you how to use Edible Tint Techniques Dusting Flowers & Foliage
- Learn Swiss Buttercream Techniques
- How to mix colours for Buttercream Layering & Masking
- Stacking & Dowelling your cake
- Buttercream Application & Techniques for Sharp Edges
- Buttercream Painting Techniques
- Finally learn how to assemble using Safety Seal and apply your beautiful wafer arrangement.
This class with run from 9.30am to 5pm on both Saturday and Sunday and all materials and notes will be provided. The only thing you need to bring along is a notepad and pen should you wish to take additional notes.
Our studio is based in the village of Wedmore, Somerset. We are based 25 minutes from Bristol International Airport; Nearest Train Station; and M5 Motorway. Accommodation is available on site and within the village and help can be provided when making your travel plans.
Free Parking is available and lunch is included.
Spaces are very limited and this class will be smaller than usual so book now to avoid disappointment. We cant wait to have you visit!