Date: Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th November 2019
In this exciting two days course, you will learn to master the art of two French wedding masterpieces: the Macarons tower and the traditional Croquembouche. We will walk you through all the steps from baking to assembling and safely delivering them from your kitchen to a wedding venue.
On day one you will learn how to make a Croquembouche, including the following techniques and recipes:
- Three different flavours of Creme patissiere
- Mix, pipe and bake perfectly round choux puffs
- Caramelise, fill and assemble your choux tower
- Decorate, and the best tips for a safe delivery
On day two, you will learn how to make beautiful macarons using the Italian meringue technique, the best way to colour them, different fillings recipes and how to assemble them safely and decorate your macarons tower.
- Preparation of the polystyrene cone + board
- Choux pastry: Make & Bake
- Creme patissiere – You will learn how to make vanilla, coffee and chocolate creme patissiere
- How to fill the buns with the creme pat
- How to caramelise the choux buns (caramel+pearl sugar)
- How to stick the choux to the cone: caramel or White chocolate
- Finish and decorate of the Croquembouche
- Instruction on the best way to deliver your final creation
Day Two – Macaron Tower
- Prepare the polystyrene cone + board
- Macarons shells: Make & Bake – Learn how to mix and colour your shells
- Make a ganache: dark chocolate + white chocolate vanilla
- Split and fill the shells
- How to attach the macarons safely to your cone
- Finish and decorate with fresh flowers
This class with run from 9am to 5pm on both Saturday and Sunday and all materials and notes will be provided. The only thing you need to bring along is a notepad and pen should you wish to take additional notes.
Our studio is based in the village of Wedmore, Somerset. We are based 25 minutes from Bristol International Airport; Nearest Train Station; and M5 Motorway. Accommodation is available on site and within the village and help can be provided when making your travel plans.
Free Parking is available and lunch is included.
Spaces are very limited and this class will be smaller than usual so book now to avoid disappointment. We cant wait to have you visit!